Fire Extinguisher Astronaut (v2) Fire Extinguisher Astronaut (v2)

This game is so simple yet so fun! I shared it at the NG chat and we had fun competing scores. It would be nice if you integrated the NG scoreboard.

I love how silly everything is - the astronaut, the black hole having that event horizon effect, how this is set near Saturn, and the fact that this game is about an astronaut escaping a black hole using a fire extinguisher and meeting his eventual doom. Haha!

I loved version 1 of your game too. If you still have a backup of that you could perhaps add that as a separate game mode.

Well done!

EddieNiga responds:

Thanks for the review! I still have the first version and I can publish it again but I think most people wont enjoy the controls of the first version so I rather have people play this version only

Color Drop Mixer Color Drop Mixer

So everything turns to shit... deep...

Popcorn Chef Popcorn Chef

This is fun but without a score chart, there's no motivation to continue past a couple of tries. This game may do well on an app store.

HEAT9 responds:

AFAIK there is no scoreboard API for NG, so unfortunately I cant do much about that...

Farm Smash Farm Smash

This game reminds me of the time when I smashed farm animals for a living. At a KFC chicken farm. If you're wondering, yes that's me you saw in the PETA videos.

Fun concept with smooth mechanics and controls. I like the refinement put in to enable punching the rows behind when the front row isn't fully cleared. Nice touch with the scoreboard. Hope to see more.

whileworking responds:

Hah, you are that animal puncher! This game isn't supposed to encourage smashing any kind of animal... but I'm glad you like it. :)

Fly Again Fly Again

I did it.

At first, this looks like a copy-paste game from unknown flash games publishers... which I play a lot for easy medals.

And it certainly looked like that for the first couple levels, until the hardcore levels kicked in. The sudden jump in difficulty took me by surprise - a pleasant surprise because I totally dig it. For years I've been subject to mind-numbingingly games which gets easier and easier.

This brought the memory of fun flash games back to the front of my mind, and when I actually had to try to win flash games. Good times.

Apart from the skill challenge, everything looks and sounds good. Not the best, but good. I enjoyed this game.

ozdy responds:

Thank you, inspiration is taken from a recent mobile game, not Flash (Rovio's Retry), but the controls in mine are much easier and levels and mechanics are different. Fly Again certainly is a lot less rage-inducing and infinitely less requiring InAppPurchases :)

Sparkman: Stop World Sparkman: Stop World

Create a mechanic and push its limits - that's what I love about game and level design, something this game does an excellent job at.

Although fitting, the music could use some variation. I like the animations of spawn/level end, and the way the character respawns.

Neonider 3 Neonider 3

The game gets exciting after the spawn rates are maxed out. Recovery and immunity become the best upgrades - and upgrading 2x and magnet actually makes survival harder. The main problem is the ridiculous grind missions such as "don't get hit for (mlevel * 5) seconds", and "collect mlevel amount of powerups".

"Click to continue" is a nice touch, but having to pause to look at the mission? There has to be a better place for mission info. Some weird bugs such as music not looping, and loss of progress when returning to menu.

Altering scoring at this point will completely wreck the scoreboard, so it's really up to you whether you want to fix these. Alien Defender is very well designed. This, not so much.

Perhaps an additional game mode focusing on survival/avoidance? Max spawn rate, 10 max health, -1 per hit, +1 every 2/3 seconds. Could be interesting. Maybe make the survival stage scale infinitely so that you can actually lose.

Alien Defender Alien Defender

Very fun. Difficulty is maintained through the levels, and upgrades are meaningful. The graphics are a little inconsistent and bland, but it's easy to tell apart different enemy types which is good. The constant firing sfx should be made softer; I couldn't hear any music past the first few levels.

The loss of control right after exiting the upgrades menu breaks the flow a little. The game becomes laggy during later stages of the game. Try blitting the graphics in the future.

Through the Black Hole Through the Black Hole

Did you even try playing your own game? I had to flip my keyboard to play this, and even then turning the ship would thrust it forward, essentially wiping any possibility for steering. Took me 50 deaths to beat the 2nd stage. Don't ever consider engineering; it isn't for you.

BAHbK0 responds:

Of course, I did! I can complete the game in 20 minutes with a dozen of crushes, no more! It is just a matter of time to get used to controls. It's not a bug, it's a feature! I wanted you to fell how hard to control the spaseship in absolute vacuum with no air resistance. Sorry if you didn't like it...

Nebula Warriors Nebula Warriors

This could have so much depth if each race's ships had slightly different stats. Good work nonetheless, it's pretty fun but after finishing human mission 3, one could expect everything else to be the same. Multi-player support is a nice touch.